Carrie White or Matilda?

Is telekinesis real?

A question I’ve wondered my whole life, since watching Matilda one of my childhood favorites. Sometimes I believe it’s something so far from real. An exciting conspiracy that people like Stephen King, the author of Carrie, my independent reading book, thought would make for an intense story line in their books. But then other times I am convinced there has to be someone with abilities like these. To give you a little background Carrie White is the main character of my book. She is a high school girl, who is often bullied, and learns she has telekinetic abilities, which she uses to her advantage. She has been bullied constantly since she was young and did not have a great home life either. This book was later written into a movie furthering awareness of telekinesis.

I wanted to know how plausible this really was, so I dove into the depths of google and did a little research. Now physics tells us this is simply not possible. It proves that our brain waves can’t control objects.They are neither strong nor far reaching enough to influence anything outside of our skulls. Physics also tells us the only forces that can influence objects from a far are magnetic and gravitational. Cameras progressed the debunking of this craze as well. While photographs of telekinesis popped up everywhere in the years following the release of the new camera, experts were quick to shut down these fake photos and prove the manipulation and trickery that had gone into them. Studies and studies across the world were conducted, little to no were successful, and many of those who did claim to produce a positive outcome were almost always proven later to be a hoax thought out from the experimenters and subjects involved.

Telekinesis goes against established science and is too weak to prove to be real. So right now in 2019 this idea can be considered not real, but who knows what the future holds.

I wonder if we’ll ever be changing the genre of Carrie to something other than fiction

One thought on “Carrie White or Matilda?

1. I like how you sort of stepped away from the plot of the book to connect it to something that interests you.
    I think telekinesis would be cool. That way I could change the channel without having to move the bowl of chips on my lap, you know?